A few interesting psychology facts
We’ve decided to start a section on 1001 interesting facts about psychology. Our plan is to update this each week as we discover more and more cool facts. We’d also love to hear any facts that you know.
So, let’s get the ball rolling:
1. Men say around 12,500 words per day, women speak around 22,000.
2. We forget 90% of what we dream about
3. Having a pet teaches you how to strengthen relationships
4. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
5. Happiness is contagious
6. Five foods that can improve your mood: Oatmeal, Salmon, Milk and cereal, Bananas, Dark chocolate.
7. Happiness peaks at age 50, according to a new study
8. Drinking moderately can make you more happy than if you don’t drink at all.
9. Knitting improves your mood, studies say (unlike technology, which is said to cause stress and aggression).
10. Chimpanzees mourn the same way humans do
11. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.
12. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as an encyclopedia.
13. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
14. Your brain is move active and thinks more at night than during the day.
15. People generally read 25% slower from a computer screen compared to paper.
16. Listening to music is good for digestion.
17. Studies have shown that the scent of Rosemary can help in better mental performance and make individuals feel more alert.